Planning a wedding can be overwhelming, particularly when it comes to picking out the perfect favors for your guests. One option that is both practical and charming is using small jars as your wedding favors. Not only are they customizable and affordable, but they can also be filled with a variety of treats and trinkets. In this article, we’ll explore some creative and practical ideas for what to put in small jars for wedding favors.
Why Choose Small Jars for Wedding Favors
The charm of small jars
One of the main reasons to consider using small jars as wedding favors is their charm. They add a rustic, vintage touch to any event and can be personalized to match the theme of your wedding. The cute and compact jars can also be reused by your guests to store spices, trinkets or snacks.
Imagine your guests taking home a small jar filled with homemade jam or honey, a reminder of the sweet memories shared on your special day. The jars can also be decorated with ribbons, twine or other embellishments to add a personal touch.
Small jars come in a variety of shapes and sizes, making them perfect for customization. You can easily personalize them with your names, initials, wedding date or a special message. You can also choose from a variety of colors and designs to match your wedding theme and decor.
For a rustic or vintage wedding, consider using small mason jars with a burlap or lace accent. For a more modern wedding, opt for sleek glass jars with a metallic finish. The possibilities are endless!
In addition to being charming and customizable, small jars are also an affordable option for wedding favors. You can easily buy them in bulk and fill them with your favorite treats and trinkets, making them a practical option for couples on a budget.
Fill the jars with homemade cookies, candies or even small succulents for a unique and memorable favor. You can also use them as place cards by attaching a small tag with each guest’s name and table number.
Overall, small jars are a versatile and charming option for wedding favors. They add a personal touch to your special day and can be reused by your guests long after the wedding is over.
Edible Treats for Jar Wedding Favors
Your wedding day is one of the most special and memorable days of your life. You want everything to be perfect, from the venue to the decor, and of course, the wedding favors. Edible treats in small jars are a popular choice for wedding favors, as they are not only delicious but also practical and versatile. Here are some sweet and savory options to consider.
Sweet treats are a classic choice for wedding favors, and small jars are perfect for holding a variety of goodies. You can personalize the jars with your initials, wedding date, or a special message to make them even more meaningful. Here are some ideas for sweet treats:
- Candies: Fill the jars with your favorite candies, such as chocolate-covered almonds, gummy bears, or jellybeans.
- Cookies: Bake some homemade cookies and fill the jars with them. You can choose from a variety of flavors, such as chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, or sugar cookies.
- Cake: If you’re feeling ambitious, you can bake mini cakes and put them in the jars. You can choose from a variety of flavors, such as vanilla, chocolate, or red velvet.
- Jams and jellies: If you’re a fan of homemade preserves, you can fill the jars with your favorite jams, jellies, or fruit spreads. You can even make them yourself and add a personalized label.
- Honey or caramel: For a unique and sweet treat, consider filling the jars with honey or caramel. You can add a personalized label with your names and wedding date.
If you prefer something savory, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some ideas for savory treats:
- Flavored salts: Fill the jars with different types of flavored salts, such as garlic, rosemary, or truffle salt.
- Homemade sauces: If you’re a fan of hot sauce or barbecue sauce, consider making your own and filling the jars with them. You can add a personalized label with your names and wedding date.
- Roasted nuts: For a healthy and delicious snack, fill the jars with roasted nuts, such as almonds, cashews, or pistachios.
- Dried fruits: If you’re looking for a sweet and savory option, consider filling the jars with dried fruits, such as apricots, figs, or cranberries.
If you and your partner are foodies, consider sharing your favorite recipes with your guests by providing them with small jars filled with spices, homemade rubs, or a special seasoning mix. You can add a personalized label with the recipe name and your names and wedding date. Here are some ideas:
- Spice blends: Mix together your favorite spices to create a unique spice blend. You can include recipes for how to use the spice blend on the label.
- Rubs: If you’re a fan of grilling, consider making your own rubs and filling the jars with them. You can include recipes for how to use the rubs on the label.
- Seasoning mixes: Mix together different types of seasonings to create a unique seasoning mix. You can include recipes for how to use the seasoning mix on the label.
Whatever edible treats you choose for your wedding favors, your guests are sure to appreciate the thoughtful gesture. These small jars of deliciousness will be a sweet reminder of your special day for years to come.
Scented and Relaxing Jar Favors
If you’re looking for a more relaxing option, consider filling small jars with scented candles. You can choose from a variety of scents like lavender, vanilla or eucalyptus to create a calming atmosphere for your guests.
Bath salts and scrubs
For a more indulgent option, consider filling small jars with bath salts or scrubs. These are perfect for a relaxing spa day at home and can be personalized with your favorite scents and ingredients.
If you’re looking for a subtle and understated option, small jars filled with potpourri can add a pleasant scent to any room. You can choose from a variety of scents and add a personalized touch with a custom tag or label.
DIY Jar Favors for a Personal Touch
If you’re feeling crafty, consider creating mini terrariums in small jars for your guests. These can be made with succulents, moss or ferns and can be easily personalized to match your wedding theme.
For a more personalized touch, consider hand-painting small jars with your favorite designs or patterns. You can fill them with candies or trinkets to make them extra special.
Message in a jar
If you want to give your guests a special message, consider filling small jars with personalized notes, quotes or wishes. You can decorate the jars with ribbon or twine to make them extra charming.
In summary, the options for what to put in small jars for wedding favors are limitless. Whether you choose to fill them with sweet or savory treats, scented candles or DIY crafts, small jars are a charming and budget-friendly option for your special day. Personalizing them to match your wedding theme and decor will make them even more special, and your guests will appreciate the thoughtful gesture for years to come.